Salad with roasted vegetables
In December, we shared nutritional tips for making healthy sweets. We hope you experimented with us and found new favourites for your holiday table in the future. The New Year has begun, and we want to continue to support you in making healthy food choices so you can stay healthy and energetic!
Today we will share with you a recipe for a delicious salad with baked vegetables! What makes this dish special is that its ingredients are extremely good for the body. Namely, we use pickled cucumbers and sauerkraut that support digestive processes!
Did you know that it is useful to eat small amounts of fermented foods on a regular and daily basis? These foods are good for us, because they help to develop a healthy microbiome. Therefore, it is important to add fermented vegetables such as pickles and sauerkraut to your menu, as well as fermented dairy products (buttermilk, sour milk, natural yoghurt, etc.).
You can be as creative as you want with this salad! It is not necessary to measure anything with gram accuracy here, and you can enjoy this salad both hot and cold. But first, switch on the oven and start chopping!
YOU WILL NEED:
- 500g of raw beets
- 200g carrots
- 1 small red onion
- 200g sauerkraut
- 200g pickled cucumber
- 4-5 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil
- Herbs (dill, parsley, thyme)
- Pink Himalayan salt, pepper
1. Peel beets and carrots, and then cut into small cubes.
2. Spread them in a baking tin, season with salt and pepper and add 2 tablespoons of oil.
3. Bake in a 180 °C oven for 20-30 minutes.
4. At the same time chop the cucumber and onion.
5. Cut the sauerkraut into smaller strips.
6. Mix and add the roasted vegetables from the oven.
7. Add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and chopped herbs.
Bon appetite, your stomach will thank you for this dish!